What is MMR in Dota 2?
MMR or matchmaking rating or matchmaking rank is a numerical score that shows and determines what rank you are in Dota 2, and you can increase it if you want.
The number will increase or decrease whenever you win or lose ranked matches. There is an MMR value for each rank, and when you reach the set value, your tier will change.
Unlike KDA, the performance doesn’t matter when it comes to MMR. But the only thing that matters is whether you win or lose the match.
The game engine uses MMR to make sure that the games are competitive by matching up the same level of players against each other.
The ladder starts from 0 MMR in Herald 1 rank and goes up to Immortal 5420 MMR and above.
How do you unlock MMR in Dota 2?
However, the MMR is not available from the start. You should play 100 hours of casual games to unlock ranked mode then MMR and rank ladder grinding can start.
Tips to increase MMR as far as possible in Dota 2
Meta is ever-changing in a game like Dota 2. So, every player aspiring to gain MMR should be up to date with the Meta because it drastically improves your chances of winning the match.
Watch streams of professional players and professional tournaments to learn better techniques. You can learn how to farm better and more efficiently, and you could know a bit more about the heroes you play or learn some positioning and many more things.
Try to spam a few heroes and be proficient at those heroes so that you can carry the team. You know it is a team game, but one person can dominate if you play your cards right.
But, you should not spam one hero because it might get banned or picked by others.
Try not to get tilted and blame others. In my experience, most people get distracted from the game and ultimately lose the game.
You can always come back from a bad start if you work with your teammates. If they start blaming, mute them and focus on the game.
Try to play with friends to communicate and understand each other movements better in the battle. Also, read the patch notes to see what changes have occurred in Dota 2.
Some heroes might get nerfed or buffed even some game mechanics might change, so make sure you don’t miss out on those.
Play more because it’s hard for players to increase their rank fast if they can’t give time to the game. If they play just 1-2 games per day, it’ll take a lot of time to boost MMR in Dota 2.
In my years of playing the game, these are the tips I applied to reach Immortal rank, and I am sure it will help more people out there. I hope everyone reading this applies them while playing Dota 2, and their MMR and rank increase quickly.
- The rare items in Minecraft- Top 10 collection
- How to make an automatic bee farm in Minecraft: 20 Steps
- Best Diamond Royale Bundles in Free fire- Top 10 of all time
- Which are the rarest blocks in Minecraft?
- How to change server in Mobile legends?
- Minecraft saddle: Where to find it and its uses?
- Best MLBB heroes to solo rank up in 2022
- Which are the rare gold royale bundles in Free fire?
- Frozen Wonderland Crate in Pubg new state
- MLBB heroes without mana- Top 10 collection
- Best secret places in BGMI/Pubg mobile for conqueror
- MLBB heroes with the Highest magic burst damage
- How to change Region in Pubg mobile?
- All the enchantments in Minecraft and their uses
- Most Useful Commands in Minecraft with their uses
- Best settings in Mobile legends for smooth gameplay
- Best ways to use gloo wall in Free Free
- How to build a house like a villager in Minecraft?
- Which are the Strongest heroes in MLBB after the Revamp?
- How to make a TNT cannon in Minecraft: 11 steps